WHAT’S HAPPENING AT GUBBIO!
Gubbio is hiring a Bilingual Hospitality Monitor
Position Description. The Hospitality Monitor is the person responsible for creating the safe, quiet, and welcoming environment in the churches each weekday from 6 am to 3 pm both for parishioners and for the homeless guests coming in to sleep or access services. In doing so, they provide a consistent listening ear and presence; provide security for the facility in a spirit of hospitality and inclusiveness; make supportive service referrals; work as a member of a team to ensure a quiet, clean and safe space for sleep; maintain clean, accessible and stocked restrooms throughout the day; and respond to medical emergencies and/or behavioral problems as they arise.
- Currently housed for a minimum of six months.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and accompany people who are experiencing homelessness, active drug use, mental illness, and other barriers to stability and health utilizing the modalities of harm reduction and self-help.
- Flexibility, compassion, resourcefulness and the ability to remain calm and to function professionally under stressful conditions.
- Familiarity with Harm Reduction, De-escalation and Conflict Resolution techniques; knowledgeable about resources for homeless people
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to walk stairs, bend over, lift 25lbs, see near and far in low light, and hear hushed tones.
- Previous personal experience with poverty, homelessness, mental illness, incarceration, and/or substance use issues preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
Hours: between 5:45 am-3:30 pm Monday – Friday; up to 20 hrs/wk guaranteed
Compensation: $15/hour; transportation, plus limited health benefits; raise at end of 3 month probationary period.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or deliver to The Gubbio Project inside St. Boniface Church, 133 Golden Gate Ave., San Francisco, CA 94102, between the hours of 6 am and 3 pm.
All inquiries will be kept in confidence.
Read our March 2017 E-Newsletter. Click here »
Join us for Opera On Tap - A Gubbio fundraiser!
Read our February 2017 E-Newsletter. Click here »
BUY YOUR GUBBIO TEE SHIRT TODAY
Sizes available: S, M, L, and XL
Have your company match your gift!
Corporate matching gift programs are charitable giving programs setup by corporations in which the company matches donations made by employees to eligible nonprofit organizations. For example, if a donor works for Bank of America and donates $100 to The Gubbio Project, Bank of America will double the donation by also writing a check for $100. Click here to see if your corporation will match your donation.
Location & Hours
St. Boniface Church
133 Golden Gate
San Francisco, CA 94102
Hours of Operation:
St. John the Evangelist
1661 15th St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
Hours of Operation: