GUBBIO IS HIRING!
Gubbio is hiring an Office Coordinator / Hospitality Monitor
Position Description. The Office Coordinator/Hospitality Monitor is a 35 hour/week position, supervised by the Executive Director (ED). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Office Coordination: 25 hrs
- Process monetary donations - input information from various sources of income, deposit checks and cash, write thank you notes for ED’s signature
- Collect information on non-monetary donations, record them in Salesforce, and write and send thank you notes
- Assist ED and Event Coordinator with planning and coordinating fund-raising and visibility raising events
- Manage QuickBooks or Quickbooks volunteer
- Order office supplies needed, staying within budget
- Answering phone and directing inquiries to appropriate staff
- Assist Leadership team with office support as needed
- Assist (then coordinate) online outreach (developing and publishing monthly e-newsletter through Constant Contact; Facebook page; Twitter); updating website
- Assist, and then coordinate mailings
- Hospitality Monitor: 10 hrs
- Work as a team member to ensure a quiet, clean and safe space for sleeping during hours of operation.
- Provide security for facility during hours of operation (Monday to Friday: 6 AM – 3 PM) in a spirit of hospitality and inclusiveness.
- Make supportive service referrals.
- Support and encourage volunteers as they work, orienting and helping them when needed.
- Maintain clean, accessible and stocked restrooms throughout the day.
- Conduct inventories of supplies and donations as directed; assemble hygiene kits when needed.
- Respond to medical emergencies and/or behavioral problems in collaboration with St. Anthony Foundation’s Client Safety Services or city emergency services
- Currently housed for a minimum of six months.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and accompany people who are experiencing homelessness, active drug use, mental illness, and other barriers to stability and health utilizing the modalities of harm reduction and self-help.
- Flexibility, compassion, resourcefulness and the ability to remain calm and to function professionally under stressful conditions.
- Familiarity with Harm Reduction, De-escalation and Conflict Resolution techniques; knowledgeable about resources for homeless people
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to walk stairs, bend over, lift 25lbs, see near and far in low light, and hear hushed tones.
- Previous personal experience with poverty, homelessness, mental illness, incarceration, and/or substance use issues preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
Hours: Varied between 5:45 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday; 35 hours/week
Compensation: $15/hour; transportation, plus limited health benefits; raise at end of 3 month probationary period.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Or deliver to The Gubbio Project inside St. Boniface Church, 133 Golden Gate Ave., San Francisco, CA 94102, between the hours of 6 am and 3 pm.
All inquiries will be kept in confidence.